Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Heart Peripheral'
I try again to upload. Great vocals to work with.
where is my upload
What; why won't it upload????
Hi,

Uploads are working for me here.

I wonder - did you remember to click the 'upload attachment' button, once you'd selected a file?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(26-04-2020, 04:57 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Uploads are working for me here. 

I wonder - did you remember to click the 'upload attachment' button, once you'd selected a file?

Cheers!
Hey mikej.

I'm sure I did several times now, I will try again. Thank you.
Here I go one more time  Cool

.mp3    Heart Peripheal.mp3 --  (Download: 3.85 MB)

Hurray, you got me going mate, thank you.
Hi!

Glad you managed to get it working. I did wonder if the upload issue was to do with the forum update or something....

Gave your mix a listen -

I feel the vocals are perhaps a bit too upfront maybe, especially around the 2 and 3 minute mark. I think I want them to be a bit more balanced with the synth in the intro perhaps also? Maybe you could automate the synth around the vocal or something too? If you listen at low level the backing track kind of disappears a bit I think?

I dunno, It's been a while since I had a go at this track. I think the vocals are a little up front in my mix also. It's quite a difficult mix as you have to try and get some weight out of the other elements to support the vocal and also to keep the kick up there too, being a dance/club type track. I don't think I quite managed that myself to be honest.

Yeah I think the main issue I felt when listening was mainly the vocal balance really. Not sure my thoughts are of much help really... Otherwise, pretty good!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi mikej.

Thank you thank you for your comments. I was considering the same about the Vocals being to loud but I made the upload anyways.
 I guess I should have listened to my inner "vocal" and made some changes. Automation is my weak spot I´m to lazy with that even though it makes the whole difference.  I´m still experimenting, learning  and hopefully take one step forward with every mix I make. 
I´m so humble to those who actually do this for a living cause the do have some extraordinary skills.

Anyways take care of your self and hope the 2020 summer will bring some good times along again, we need that.

Cheers.
Hi!

Your thoughts on things are the same as mine to be honest. I am very much still learning myself.

I find it's really difficult to get the correct vocal level. You do sometimes have to do a whole lot of automation on them to keep the vocals where they need to be throughout a track. I rarely get the vocal level right first time. Also, some people like the vocals to be more upfront, and others a little more in line with the backing, so it can be purely a matter of taste also.

One thing I found that I think has helped me quite a bit, is to balance the mix starting with just kick snare and vocal. Once those are balanced, I add in the bass, then the other elements around them. I listen out to ensure the kick, snare and vocal are still feeling good whilst balancing everything else. I aim to not to adjust the kick, snare, bass and vocal level really once they are locked in, but to concentrate on getting the other elements right in comparison with them.

Not sure which DAW you are using, but I spent an afternoon or so to really get to grips with automation and to figure out how best to configure it to work pretty much how I want. It is now second nature to get stuck into automating the things that bother me, or that need fixing, etc.

Yeah, take care, and keep at the mixing!

Cheers!