Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie' MIXING
Hi guys,here is my mix for this song.It is a 2 days mixing and there is no automation.I'm wondering your opinions and and after that i will continue.

Great song ,cheers !!!

.mp3    Living Lie.mp3 --  (Download: 11.19 MB)

.mp3    LivingLie5.mp3 --  (Download: 11.19 MB)

Hi berkaykorkmaz

Thanks for mixing our track - just listening through now and will comment as I go !
- the verse guitar takes the focus - the lead vocal sounds muffled next to the verse guitar and the drums which push them back in the mix
- need to time align the kick drum track
- snare sound is nice - actually like your drum ambiance in general. Maybe cymbals/hihat a bit prominent
- potential for additional chorus impact if the drum level prior isn't so hot? Consider first two notes of chorus guitar a couple db higher to ring in the chorus
- tom3 sounds high in the balance
- nice bring down for the middle section
- lead guitar is behind the rhythm guitars - and the drums. Pushed pretty far back.
- BVs are louder than the lead vocal
- vocal is distorting on "stop holding on"
- outro - ride cymbal is poking out for me
- if you were mixing it for me, I'd be asking for some more delays and ear candy here and there

A good start - standout element for me was the drum ambience with the suggestions above in mind. I think the lead vocal needs the most attention to make sure it shines, hence I would recommend doing some A/B with the reference mix (https://soundcloud.com/nerve9band/livinglie or at the start of this forum) and/or some commercial mixes of your liking.

Thanks for mixing our track and sharing !

Thomas
Thanks for your points Thomas Smile

I tried to make a new one and updated here.