Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9 Living Lie
Here is my mix of the song.

-Vocals needed a lot of work, but got it to sit in the mix a little bit more.
-Guitars are all stock. Just fader movements.
-Drums were okay. I didn't end up using the side mic on the snare, as there was some latency issues with it.
-Bass was simple EQ.

.mp3    Nerve 9 - Living Lie.mp3 --  (Download: 6.77 MB)

Hi Brandon

Thanks for mixing our track!
- I really like the vibe and balance of your intro a lot
- kick drum maybe a little prominent on the lows (?)
- chorus guitar balance - hearing the L guitar more than R (?). Pulls the mix a bit to the left.
- like the bass treatment! Minor - hits my sub a little hard - feeling a little bit more than I am used to. My room isn't the best reference, so take with a grain of salt
- level of chorus guitars - may a bit of a lost opportunity to herald in the chorus - make the first 2 rhythm notes 2-3 db louder to give a bit more impact
- subjective comment - some additional delays and ear candy on vocals and lead guitar parts would be cool and add more points of interest

Feels like a solid static mix to me Brandon ! If you were mixing it for me, these comments above would be just enhancements. I think the biggest point of feedback would be just a little more work on helping the lead vocal stand out with some delays etc.

Cheers

Thomas
Thanks for the feedback. That really does help me out a bit.
I'll have to probably split or dual the rhythm guitars and EQ/compress to compensate that. It is a little too far left panned to compensate for the solo guitars, and that was a mistake. Big Grin
You are totally right on the lead vocals. I guess I looked at it as a rock song instead of a pop-rock tune. That and I think I hit my master bus compressor a bit too hard. I may knock it back to -2db gain reduction instead of the -3db I used.
Again, thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it!