Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix
Hi!

Big Grin

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.11 MB)

Hi!

Big Grin

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix2-1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

Hi vanbas - thanks for mixing our track ! Here are some comments as I listen through (2-1)

- like the intro guitar treatment - has some width and interest while letting the vocal shine
- drums. I am hearing quite a bit of snare bottom - would love to hear the snare with a bit more power
- love the bridge guitar treatment, and I am the guitar player Smile As mentioned in the previous line, I think there is opportunity to improve the drum support
- chorus lead vocal. Now sounds a bit dull/muddy. Treated differently? The vocals feel pushed back in the mix as a result.
- wondering if the chorus is hitting the master bus limiter pretty hard (?) - something feels restrained and impact lost
- creative choice on the distorted bass in the middle section
- lead guitar too far back. Rhythm guitars are the featured instrument as a result.
- bass guitar fills are getting lost a bit - some automation to bring them up or parallel distortion track to automate.
- mix pulls left for me at the chorus parts. Left rhythm guitar could just be brighter, or a result of the limiter (?)

Thanks again for mixing our track - I hope these notes are helpful. Some are subjective - I would personally put most emphasis on improving the lead vocal (check vs the reference mix or other commercial mixes) and pulling back on the limited.

BR

Thomas
-
Hi Thomas!

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Big Grin

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

Hi!

Big Grin

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix4.mp3 --  (Download: 11.11 MB)

(27-04-2020, 09:56 PM)vanbas Wrote: Hi!

Big Grin
Hi

Guitars sounds nice, although I think that the lead guitar is a tad to the loud side. Also, I like what you've added to the bass.

It sounds like your just about to overcook the masterbus and there's something about the kick that's not that great.

Overall, though, it sounds fine.

keep it up
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi!

Krabbe: Thank you!

Big Grin

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_vanbasMix5-1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.08 MB)