Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Lie Nerve 9-Yoshi-Mix2
That's my first impression.
I'm testing the plugin.
Hard to do with core 2/threads 2 (PC notebooks).
I'm thinking of buying a new PC.

2nd KMuzic advice ver (22-04-2020, 12:03 AM)

Thank you for listening

---Yoshi

.mp3    \'Living Lie\' Nerve 9-Yoshi-Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.63 MB)

.mp3    \'Living Lie\' Nerve 9-Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.63 MB)

Hi Yoshi!

Very nice, listened through my closed back, open back headphones and on cubes, really nice balance and tone, to me everything sat really nice, very enjoyable listen.
Well done!

Cheers!

Edit: Listened again on the monitors
something in the high hat or overheads a little funky. maybe pull them back a bit or EQ to soften them
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi KMuzic

Thanks for the comment.
I forgot to phase the microphone on the drums
Thank you for listening to the details.

Thanks again.

---Yoshi

.mp3    \'Living Lie\' Nerve 9-Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.63 MB)

Hi Yoshi

- the intro guitar. Sounds good - consider a bit of transient attack reduction or eq - pokes out a bit
- drum sound is good. Did you sample replace the snare? I had a moment of not recognizing it.
- kick feels a bit high in the balance.
- limited pretty hard - I hear distortion in the chorus (not the good kind) and bridge/chorus loses impact - re-post without limiter?
- lead vocal treatment sounds good in general - the limiter is having a negative impact on them though in the more intense parts of the song

Thanks again for mixing our song Yoshi - my primary point of feedback is the limiting. It think reducing this aspect will breathe more life into your mix, as the exciting parts get distorted and constrained as a result.

Hope this helps !

Thomas