Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: Living Lie
Here is my mix ... hope you like it ..

.m4a    Nerve9 - Living Lie.m4a --  (Download: 8.04 MB)

Some small changes ... so here mix 2 :

.m4a    Nerve 9 - Living Lie.m4a --  (Download: 7.98 MB)

(30-04-2020, 03:08 PM)jorndyt Wrote: Some small changes ... so here mix 2 :
Hi

Overall I think it sounds very nice and well balanced. Good job!

I like your subtle verb on the vocal. It's absolutely there, it's just ... yeah, very subtle. Personally, I chose another approach, because of the lack of support for the vocal in the arrangement, but your approach works!

Maybe I think that guitar 7 is a bit too pulled back, but no biggie.

Keep up the good work!
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi Jorndyt

Thanks for mixing our track!

- like the verse guitar treatment
- lead vocal sounds good - relative to the verse guitar doesn't sound as bright - see what you think - pushes it backward in the mix a bit
- like the lead vocal reverb choice
- like the dry drum treatment
- guitar solo part sounded good - like it - and I'm the guitar player, so big compliment Smile
- totally a taste comment - if you were mixing for me, I'd ask for a little of the honk taken out of the bass guitar. Also makes your bass fill definition good though, so my comment is a minor one
- BVs take the attention from the lead vocal - balance thing

Solid mix Jorndyt - liked it. Seemed really well balanced throughout. Biggest concern would be lead vocals - felt like they could be a little brighter or louder in the balance to secure them as the key element. Perhaps a few tasteful delays here and there too.

Hope this helps ! Thanks for sharing your mix !

Thomas
Here my mix3  ... some small changes ....and a little saturation on drums and bass, and fine-tuned vocal effects

.m4a    Nerve 9 - Living Lie.m4a --  (Download: 8.08 MB)

(28-05-2020, 01:44 PM)jorndyt Wrote: Here my mix3  ... some small changes ....and a little saturation on drums and bass, and fine-tuned vocal effects

That's a really good mix. Everything is in the right place IMO. Well balanced and very clean. Nice job!