Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault For Waiting
Note: Yes, I messed up the band's name...Oops...

Anyways, this is my mix of the song.

-No samples on the drums. It sounded great with a little teaking. I loved the snare sound in the end.
-Bass was more straightforward. Nothing a little EQ can't fix.
-Guitars had to be reamped. The original guitar sound was a bit too muffled. Amp used was STL Tones.
-Vocals was a bit more straightforward. I wanted to use some post processing, but I figured that it would take away from the overall sound of the song.
-No editing of anything. You'll hear mistakes in the song, and that's okay. Mistakes can breathe a bit of humanity in a song, and this one was no different.
-The overall goal was to have the song sound big.

Mastering was more straightforward. A bit of automation and some post EQ work, nothing too fancy.

.mp3    Atlantis Calling - It Was My Fault For Waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 5.54 MB)

Take two.

I wasn't really happy with the original, as it felt too "overcooked" with a ton of stuff, so I re-did it.

This is a much cleaner sounding song with more punch to the drums and kept everything pretty simple. This time, I used a different setting on the rhythm guitars to blend it in more in line with the bass and the vocals have a bit more bite to it.

Again, I did use automation to sweeten the song up, but I added even more automation to clean up some parts.

I also re-mastered the song, as I felt like it lacked a bit of polish on my end.

.mp3    Atlantis Calling - It Was My Fault For Waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 5.54 MB)