Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corine, Corine - Friday Night Mix
Hey everyone,
Here is my mix of Corine, Corine. I again tried reaching a happy medium between mono and stereo, and had some interesting things happen: the vocals seemed to be out more in front in mono, and I would have thought that they would be more covered. I also found that the piano moved in and out between the two. This is music that I enjoy, I am a swing dancer, but I don't know that I have formed a solid opinion of how it should sound, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

.mp3    Corine Corina 12-6-13.mp3 --  (Download: 3.79 MB)

I thnk you nailed the groove , and the vocals and handclaps perfect, Im no jazzman but as a consumer I would buy this mix,. there seems a small problem with the ride cymbles flanging at 1:58
Easy to listen to and first impression is - this sounds good. Then the drummer switch to ride and it suddenly sounds strange. My guess is the phase is playing tricks on you, due to the diffrent distances from the drumkit and the group microphones and the ride bein so loud and distinct it hits all mics.
If you are on mac theres a fine tool called phasenudge from airwindows, if on PC there are many and good ones.
I remember I had a hard time makin it sound fair and that I wasnt overly happy with the result.

Oh and theres a click noise around 0.29.
The piano is a bit loud and close for my taste, either turn the close mic down or give it some thinnin in the deep frequencies, either a locut or a loshelf, guess I would go with the loshelf as you can kind o tune the distance that way and I take it you like the lvl of it, so just makin it more distant would be the way to go.

Those many mix sessions can be a nightmare Big Grin

What I did were usin the stereo pair as reference and phasealignin all other mics to that, so it sounded natural. Or as natural as I could make it ...
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order