Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the Rain
Such a great song, great voice and very nice guitars, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to try and mix it

As usual didn't change anything on the tracks, just added some effects on the guitars and few on the voice.
I feel like the drums need more automation, just to give it a little dynamic and make some room for the voice
Nice backing vocals, so I've tried just to find them a place in my mix, with a little compression and some reverb

Hope the hear more songs from this nice band, and hope my mix brings this song the feeling was intended

Edit (v2 R01) 13.02.2024
- Mixed again from scratch 
Let me know if any improvements were made  Smile

Cheers

.mp3    Pray for the Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 10.49 MB)

.mp3    Nerver9 - Praying for the Rain v2 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 10.98 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Hi filip

Thanks for mixing our other track Smile

It's a really good mix overall - my comments are quite minor actually.

- nice treatment of the intro guitar
- if you were mixing it for me, the snare sound would be a discussion point - a bit more power and sustain on it
- lead vocal sounds nice - nice delays too
- a little more tremolo guitar in the chorus' would be nice - I play that part, so I am biased though Smile
- lead guitar parts - balance sounds good. Some automation to build into it from chorus 2 would help, and some thickening delays or reverb would be welcomed too - there are automated sends on the reference mix so it is bigger in places
- nice balance on the background vocals

If you are interested, search google for the March 2015 Mix Rescue for this track. Really nice mix though Filip - thanks for sharing !

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for listening to my mix, and also for the tracks.
I really enjoyed mixing this song.

Such a valuable information to read your feedback
I would definitely review this in the future and come back for your feedback

I felt like the snare sound is a bit loud in the verse parts and lacks the power in the chorus. Is this correct?

Thanks
Andrei
New version added