Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - One Minute Smile
Here is my mix of the song.

-Had some trouble with the drums overtaking the song, especially the kick sample. Samples used on the snare as well, as there was a TON of high hat bleed.
-Bass was the same trick as Devil's Words: double the bass track, then use on as a DI and reamp the other.
-Guitars were a bit tricky to mix, as it was too "wall of sound", so hopefully I did well in separation of the original parts.
-Vocals were some EQ, compression, autotune, and one filter track using a telephone emulation software and a 1920's microphone emulator.

Matering was very simple. Added some clarity to the high end, a bit of tape sauturation and limiter to taste.

.mp3    Actions - One Minute Smile.mp3 --  (Download: 3.69 MB)

Hi Brandon

Nicely balanced and great clearity.

Overall it seems a bit thin though, and the tambourine feels very forward, but that's just a minor thing.

Cheers
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Thanks! I'm not sure why it sounds thin, but I can see why it does. Maybe I should have thickened up the low mids?
The tamborine being forward was by design. I wanted to have a chunky tamborine to fill out the rhythm section. I tried to pan it left and right, but I found that it competed A LOT with the guitars.
Thanks again for listening and for the feedback!