Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living lie my mix
I have hard time mixing this 1 but i gave it ma all even though i deleted over 9 mixes but i love this song very much so heres my mix

.mp3    Living the lie mix practice_7 less bass_3 gate mixing new mix_2 adding high end on toms_4.mp3 --  (Download: 12.63 MB)

Hi Prayers - thanks for mixing our track ! I am posting some notes below as I listen to your mix.
- "further" consonant really jumps out on the lead vocal - needs a little dip in automation or transient attack reduction
- vocal delay effect in the first verse sounds great
- drum balance - sounds pretty good. Subjectively for me, the snare sounds a bit thin and the kick a little muddy.
- chorus. Struggling with the bass and guitar balance here. Sounds quite muddy to my ear. Too much bass, too little guitar perhaps? Also an opportunity to really widen the chorus here with 3 distinct guitar parts which I hear a little. When I press the "mono" button, I don't hear a lot of difference - intentional?
- bass level is a bit high in the balance - taste comment
- the drum toms are getting a bit buried
- lead guitar part missing altogether ??!!
- like the bridge part - arrangement comes down nicely
- like your background vocal treatment
- "let got the reigns" background part is quite low in the balance - would be nice to hear more of that
- yes - lead guitar track is completely absent from the mix. Intentional? It's worth taking a reference of your mix against the reference mix provided or other commercial reference of your taste.

I hope this is helpful. There are elements of the mix that sound really good, but I do think the bass/guitar balance needs some attention and unless you intended the lead guitar to be completely gone, bring that back in. Some referencing should really help here.

Thanks again for mixing our song !

BR

Thomas

Hi Thomas. Thank you very much for great tips and thank you more for providing sterms and giving us a chance to test our abilities and sharpen our skills with your music..About the missing guitar i did hear that its missing and since i imported all sterms at once in ma Daw i thought maybe it wasnt there in da sterms but il look for it when i redo the mix .
Im looking forward to redoing the mix with your tips
Thank you very much for taking your time to listen and comment ..deeply appreciated