Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forthcoming Turn
What a killer song.
Great drumming and overall recording

I did, however, found myself clipping some tracks on my daw, especially on the drums (feel like wanting more and more...Smile ) but the overall bus was fine.
What I usually do is referencing a VU Meter on -16db RMS, so I like having headroom for my so-called "mastering", but that's a thing I really need to improve at, especially when mixing in the box

I didn't use any sample replacing technique, just wanted to mix what I had with these tracks

Edit (v2 R01) - 13.03.2024
A new mix from scratch added

Hope you like my mix
Thanks

.mp3    The Forthcoming Turn.mp3 --  (Download: 11.52 MB)

.mp3    Silence Is Near - The Forthcoming Turn v2 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 12.51 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
I like the track, I just think there's really big peaks at 3.5k to 4.5khz, and between 40 and 120hz. That makes things a little fatiguing to listen to and makes it a little hard to hear the nuance of some of the performance. I do however love the balance of the instruments and really like the ambience. You could probably cut a lot of that peaking frequency from the overheads and the hi hat track, and maybe the room as well. The kick makes the mix pump a little too, so maybe a little less bass on that unless it's something you really liked the effect of, which would be cool. Overall, a solid mix but maybe a little too much overhead?
Thanks a lot for listening and for your feedback.
Listening with new "fresh" ears, I really understand your critique on the HF peaks, it made me turn down the volume
Also this is an earlier mix, and since then I've changed my setup and listening environment...
Will definitely review some of my mixes, this one included

Cheers,
Andrei
New mix from scratch