Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kat Wright_By My Side_mix Tommy Marcinek
AngelAngelAngel

OKAY! Lots of you are hearing this mellow R&B thing in your heads but I'm not hearing that. If I were dancing with my lady in a club to this song, I'd want it to have some power and punch. Otherwise, your "slow dance" won't do much for her! Sooooooooooo, I gave this mix some power, punch, clarity, a bit of grit, and I put a touch of some tender loving care into it. I don't like "live studio" recordings too much on the one hand because of all the bleed problems, etc. On the other hand, what better way to hone one's mixing skills than on difficult tracks. On the plus side, the drums were recorded nicely! Ditto the bass and guitar and organ. The lead vocal took some work and some of you will say that the vocal is too "wet" or processed. Well, that is what I was going for. It turns out to work well with my overall desire to make the song hit you in the face just a bit more than the artist may have intended.

As a side note, I did NOT add any samples or "sound replace" ANYTHING. Those tracks are all I used to produce this mix. Hope you all like it. You can comment on its flaws that you think it may have in not sticking to the genre, per se, but I "ain't" gonna change it. Me Like, me like! AngelTongueRolleyesCoolBig Grin

Peace,

Tommy Marcinek

.mp3    ByMySide_5M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek