Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heartbeats
Hi guys,

Very nice song and has lot of movement and changes.
Actually this is my 4th review of the song after few days of mixing.
I felt like I need to come back to it after each day, as I wanted to have "fresh" ears to listen to it

Edit (v1 R01) 08.02.2023
After almost 3 years, I've decided to try this song once more (starting from scratch)

Hope you like it
Thanks

.mp3    Heartbeats.mp3 --  (Download: 7.92 MB)

.mp3    Juliet\'s Rescue - Hearbeats v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
New Mix uploaded
I have not heard this before and I've only listened to your R01 version on headphones.
Yes, I really did like it! To me, everything is balanced and controlled very well while still delivering good energy. I'm not sure what the vocal was like when you started but I get the feeling this would be a tough one for me keeping her clear while controlling the angsty tone and delivery...but you have done a marvelous job with it.

If I HAD to offer anything in the way of suggestions (none needed, and I'm really nit-picking here) I would like a touch more volume during choruses/bridges as the song moves along. Well done IMHO.
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:
Yamaha HS80M/HS10W through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or
Sennheiser HD600 or HyperX Alpha headphones
all with and optionally without Sonarworks software.

MITB enthusiast, FOH Sound Engineer, Drummer
Hey Drummer Craig,

Thanks for listening and for your feedback. I'm really glad you liked it.

Yeah, I agree, for sure the song needs more energy in the chorus (and the end part).
That was my first focus after EQ and compression and thought that some automation on drums and vocals would suffice. I've also added some bass distortion on the choruses but thought not to overpower the entire song, so I've kept it a bit underneath other elements.

Guess sometimes more is better!!

Cheers
(14-04-2020, 06:28 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hi guys,

Very nice song and has lot of movement and changes.
Actually this is my 4th review of the song after few days of mixing.
I felt like I need to come back to it after each day, as I wanted to have "fresh" ears to listen to it

Edit (v1 R01) 08.02.2023
After almost 3 years, I've decided to try this song once more (starting from scratch)

Hope you like it
Thanks
Some mixes need to be allowed to grow.

Good job and a nice mix
Thanks Patsculle, for listening and for you feedback