Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CR Mix
Hello this is my mix, it has no master, so it is possible that you have to move up the fader to listen to it.

.mp3    Symphony Of Silence.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

I like your version !
I like the sound of the Hi Hats and cymbals care to share what you did on them? Thanks
(15-04-2020, 04:33 AM)zog Wrote: I like the sound of the Hi Hats and cymbals care to share what you did on them? Thanks

Of course, I send you the photos that are in channel order.

Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the photos Carlos I really appreciate that.
Hi Carlos. Your mix is definitely on the right track,at least i can hear the drums clearly.
I like that short slapback thing on the vocal,its a nice flavor.

This is personal taste issue of course, but if you want hard hitting drums, you have to be very careful with reverb because reverb just softens the attack of the drums, and it also pushes the drums just in the background in the mix.

Guitars are a bit too " kind " sounding for this type of music. You generally would want the guitars to really attack you right away as the song starts. Think about Ac/dc guitars, that gives you a good start. Angus and Malcolm perfected the slightly overdriven guitars ,like the ones in this song. Learn from the masters Wink

The mix sounds way too thin,its lacking some serious lower frequencies. Im guessing that you could pump up the lows by several db's here, low mids too. But you have to be careful not to make the mix sound too muddy. Best way to fix this of course is to open the whole mix again and add bottom end to the guitars, drums and bass. But in the mastering, you would possibly be able to make it better as well.

Overall,this is one of the best sounding mixes of this song that ive heard tonight. High end is good,maybe just a tiny bit too bright,especially the click in the kickdrum is too " Pantera / Metallica ". But definitely you've got the basics down. If you get more mixes to sound like this consistently, that is a VERY GOOD place to start.

Just use more low end in general in most instruments when mixing. Try to figure out how much lows can you add to any instrument without it sounding unnatural. If you teach your ear to hear those things, mixing becomes much easier for you.

Anyways,i hope this makes sense at all,lol. I just wanted to offer anything that might help you in any way ,because no one ever told me crap about this,hah.

Okay man,have fun mixing Smile Keep working and remember, if you work the hardest, someone will notice you. No one can deny a good mix Wink