Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrendering mix
I already mixed the happy pills song that's here, but that was like a few months ago when I didn't know much about mixing. I used the unused vocal mics and drum bleeds to create the room atmosphere. It took me like 3 hours to do, including a simple master, multiband compressor, eq and limiter. It's a great song and a great recording. Please tell me what you think about the mix everyone.

Update: It's been almost a year since I did that mix, so I updated it with the knowledge I gained over the year. I didn't remix from scratch so it probably won't be perfect. Feel free to give me tips for improvements.

.mp3    surrendering 11.4.2020.mp3 --  (Download: 5.21 MB)

.mp3    surrendering 3.1.2021.mp3 --  (Download: 5.21 MB)

Sounds really good. The only thing that I don't personally like is that the lead vocals are too loud. It overpowers the rest of the mix.
(13-04-2020, 03:42 PM)poorbillionaire Wrote: Sounds really good. The only thing that I don't personally like is that the lead vocals are too loud. It overpowers the rest of the mix.

Now that you mention it you're probably right. I still need to develop better ears for this, sometimes it's really difficult for me to tell the right ballance. Thank you for listening and taking your time to review it!
(13-04-2020, 12:12 PM)psajgal Wrote: I already mixed the happy pills song that's here, but that was like a few months ago when I didn't know much about mixing. I used the unused vocal mics and drum bleeds to create the room atmosphere. It took me like 3 hours to do, including a simple master, multiband compressor, eq and limiter. It's a great song and a great recording. Please tell me what you think about the mix everyone.

Hi.
I like your mix. I think that you could compress vocal more. It is sticking out in few places.
(14-04-2020, 09:09 AM)petroshka Wrote:
(13-04-2020, 12:12 PM)psajgal Wrote: I already mixed the happy pills song that's here, but that was like a few months ago when I didn't know much about mixing. I used the unused vocal mics and drum bleeds to create the room atmosphere. It took me like 3 hours to do, including a simple master, multiband compressor, eq and limiter. It's a great song and a great recording. Please tell me what you think about the mix everyone.

Hi.
I like your mix. I think that you could compress vocal more. It is sticking out in few places.

I did try and compress it and keep the dynamics. But yeah, I see the vocals are my greatest problem in this one. Thank you for the feedback!