Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie' Crownoise mix
Hey! This is my version, could not find my creativity fully but tried to fix a balanced sound, and big on the chorus. I had a plug that gave 1 channel some hiss noise, could not find where to turn it on so the noise is there but i guess its ok. Have a good day.

.mp3    LivingLie.mp3 --  (Download: 11.62 MB)

You can always put a gate plugin after something that is adding noise. Set the gate really low so any signal will open it, and once it fades to just the noise the gate turns it down. Maybe it's from the vocals? I haven't looked at these multitracks yet but I wouldn't be surprised if all the compression/saturation is pulling up something really low.

Anyways, your balances are pretty good, I would just reference with the original mix and maybe a Goo Goo Dolls track to see how your eq choices are holding up.
Actually Friggy that is what i did, only problem is that when u have a noisegate the noise will still be apparent when the treshold is reached. The noise is not apparent because of saturation/limiting etc, but as i said it is because i had a plugin eairly in the chain that did not have an option to turn the noise of. Thanks, have a go at it and see where you end up Smile.
Hi crownoise

Thanks for mixing our track ! I will note down some stream of consciousness observations below as I listen through
- vocal part seems to be ducking the intro guitar? Or the limiter? Something is being hit too hard here, as it is really noticeable.
- vocal delay choice is a bit prominent and distracting for me - make it a bit more subtle?
- snare is a bit low in the balance
- like the effect you added to the arpeggiated bridge guitar
- chorus impact is getting lost I THINK due to the first limiter comment I made. The band gets louder when the vocals stop.
- lead guitar needs some kind of sustain element - some delay added or something like that
- bass guitar is pushing my sub pretty hard - perhaps a quick reference vs another like track?
- a few crackles - is that the gate plug in?
- bridge section is nice
- some off the bass fills are getting lost - perhaps to bass balance comment above, some more definition frequencies, less sub

I hope this is helpful - I think the key thing for me is fixing both the "ducking" effect that is happening and bringing the sub frequencies in check. Were you referencing a particular track?

BR

Thomas