Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix of Symphony of SIlence
Hello,

IT IS LOUD TURN DOWN THE VOLUME.

I think this is my most creative mix.

I really enjoyed playing with delay, saturation, reverb and other effects.
I hope it is not too much.

I took some times on the mastering for this one. But it was really small details.

I left the guitar alone. I almost didnt touch the sound of them.
The drums are overcompressed. I tried to bring the overhead clarity in front and a big fat snare.

I hope you enjoy.

Thanks.

.mp3    EXPORT 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

This is some great work!

I love the effect on the vocal, but i think its giving you a bit too much honk on the vocal. I'd probably make a cut and mix in a little more dry so you can understand the lyrics in the verses. Then in the chorus I might try to find a way to thicken it up a little bit more, maybe a doubler or something, just to give something different.

Theres a few other things, but they are really personal preferences. Cool mix!
Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
(20-04-2020, 06:34 PM)PhilThePeel Wrote: This is some great work!

I love the effect on the vocal, but i think its giving you a bit too much honk on the vocal. I'd probably make a cut and mix in a little more dry so you can understand the lyrics in the verses. Then in the chorus I might try to find a way to thicken it up a little bit more, maybe a doubler or something, just to give something different.

Theres a few other things, but they are really personal preferences. Cool mix!
Thanks.
I also felt that it was a little it too much on the voice. But I wanted to create a story with this effect. But you are right, we need to understand what he says clearly.
Within the same story idea, I wanted the chorus to be very clear and soft with a lot of reverb and almost no effect. That makes too much difference between chorus and verses I agree.

Thanks for your feedback.