Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie Mix

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_Mix 1,02.mp3 --  (Download: 11.36 MB)

Hi August

Thanks for mixing our track ! I'll take some notes as I listen below.
- intro balance sounds good - perhaps guitar a touch high
- I am hearing a "boing" kind of response on the drum reverb tail - check it on the snare for sure
- the drum tonal balance sounds thin. When they first came in, I was excited for them to become full fidelity at the chorus, but they didn't change. Might be worth doing some checks vs. some commercial references here
- same thing for the bass guitar - missing a lot of low frequency content
- vocal treatment sounds good
- guitars are missing a lot of 200Hz too
- middle section sounds cool with the prominent slide guitar part

Thanks again for mixing our track - the relative instrument balance seems good in your mix, but the tonal balance needs some attention. Not sure if your monitors are not presenting the lower frequencies for you. Hopefully a check vs. the reference mix or other commercial mixes would help you out.

BR

Thomas
(19-04-2020, 10:20 PM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi August

Thanks for mixing our track ! I'll take some notes as I listen below.
- intro balance sounds good - perhaps guitar a touch high
- I am hearing a "boing" kind of response on the drum reverb tail - check it on the snare for sure
- the drum tonal balance sounds thin. When they first came in, I was excited for them to become full fidelity at the chorus, but they didn't change. Might be worth doing some checks vs. some commercial references here
- same thing for the bass guitar - missing a lot of low frequency content
- vocal treatment sounds good
- guitars are missing a lot of 200Hz too
- middle section sounds cool with the prominent slide guitar part

Thanks again for mixing our track - the relative instrument balance seems good in your mix, but the tonal balance needs some attention. Not sure if your monitors are not presenting the lower frequencies for you. Hopefully a check vs. the reference mix or other commercial mixes would help you out.

BR

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for listening & comments.
This was my main and only reference, on youtube.

That's a nice track - there are more lows in your reference - is your monitoring system replicating those for you? I have a plug in called Metric AB I find pretty helpful too - let's you not only reference tracks that have been loudness matched, but you can also check out frequency bands.