Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges
I downloaded this one earlier in the evening. I worked on it through the night. I'm pretty happy with how things are sitting. Gonna take another listen tomorrow when my ears are fresh.

I mixed this with minimal EQ and only some compression on things like the drums to just keep them tight. Mostly low/hi cuts in the EQ with very little notches.

Also I didn't want to listen to the original until I mixed it, then I'll compare tomorrow and see what the differences are.

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - Alt Mix 02.mp3 --  (Download: 8.12 MB)

Hey man !

First I must say that things are really well balanced, nothing felt out of place, nothing clashed. I enjoyed it !
I think it just lacks a bit of magic ? Smile
Just a couple of ideas:

The bass felt a bit thin, like there was some room for it still. Maybe some distortion on it will do wonders.
I love the way you dealed with leads, they felt really present and spacey. This contrast with the voice that feels too grounded, some long/short reverbs, delays on it will go a long way.

It's just my opinion of course.

Keep up the good work Smile
(20-05-2020, 09:55 PM)David-FR Wrote: Hey man !

First I must say that things are really well balanced, nothing felt out of place, nothing clashed. I enjoyed it !
I think it just lacks a bit of magic ? Smile
Just a couple of ideas:

The bass felt a bit thin, like there was some room for it still. Maybe some distortion on it will do wonders.
I love the way you dealed with leads, they felt really present and spacey. This contrast with the voice that feels too grounded, some long/short reverbs, delays on it will go a long way.

It's just my opinion of course.

Keep up the good work Smile

Thanks, I did a bit of a remix recently on this one. I think the bass is a bit more gritty and full now. As far as vocals go, and what-not, there is minimal EQ, and the vocals are using the EFX that was printed into the vocals, per the recommendations on how to mix this song in the FAQ, so that's the way I mixed it. I tend to like a bit more verb/delay on vocals myself, but I wanted to do it the way it was suggested by the guitarist of the band.

EDIT: I added a mix with a bit more bottom end on the bass as well.

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - Final Alt Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - Bass Boost.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

Just did a stereo wide version with a bit more hard panning of guitars with a bit more of my own artistic license compared to the previous mixes.

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - Stereo Wide.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)