Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CR Mix
Hello this is my mix, it has no master, so it is possible that you have to move up the fader to listen to it.

.mp3    Living Lie.mp3 --  (Download: 11.31 MB)

Hi Carlos - thanks for mixing our track and sharing it - I just had a listen.

- verse guitar level a bit high vs. the lead vocal.
- nice panning choices verse/bridge
- drum balance sounds good
- lead vocal - a little too much high end removed or de-essed
- lead vocal gets buried behind in bridge 2
- lead guitar in the middle section a touch low in the balance
- nice background vocal processing
- consider a parallel distortion track on the bass to automate up the fills - or other technique - they get a little lost
- lead guitar at the end still a touch low
- the other comment I would mention is that it would be great to throw in some ear candy - automation of effects etc to help build the arrangement and keep listener interest

Thanks again for sharing - nice mix !

Thomas

(13-04-2020, 12:55 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Carlos - thanks for mixing our track and sharing it - I just had a listen.

- verse guitar level a bit high vs. the lead vocal.
- nice panning choices verse/bridge
- drum balance sounds good
- lead vocal - a little too much high end removed or de-essed
- lead vocal gets buried behind in bridge 2
- lead guitar in the middle section a touch low in the balance
- nice background vocal processing
- consider a parallel distortion track on the bass to automate up the fills - or other technique - they get a little lost
- lead guitar at the end still a touch low
- the other comment I would mention is that it would be great to throw in some ear candy - automation of effects etc to help build the arrangement and keep listener interest

Thanks again for sharing - nice mix !

Thomas

thanks for you compromise with our mixing lear, I make changes about your recommendations.

Regards
Hi

This is nice. I've head a couple of your other mixes, and this is by far the best, I've heard. Well done!

You've added delay to the lead guitar, I like that. I would've done that myself, if it wasn't because I've restricted myself with a guitarist-carry-their-own-effects-dogma. It really does wonders to a guitar sound that's not always great.

Really good job here. Keep it up!
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
(03-05-2020, 09:30 AM)Krabbe Wrote: Hi

This is nice. I've head a couple of your other mixes, and this is by far the best, I've heard. Well done!

You've added delay to the lead guitar, I like that. I would've done that myself, if it wasn't because I've restricted myself with a guitarist-carry-their-own-effects-dogma. It really does wonders to a guitar sound that's not always great.

Really good job here. Keep it up!
Thank for this comment, know I check other mixes heheheheh