Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doppler shift - Atrophy - Mix by JH - would love feedback
Hi there, everyone Smile
I have mixed some songs off this site, but am particularly happy about how this one turned out!
It's the first one I've posted here.
I'd also be happy about some feedback, of course!

Mixed on GarageBand... Confused

Edit: I added two risers and one hit (used the second one four times)
I like the dynamics of this song, but I thought, that they could use the extra touch to 'em...

.mp3    Doppler Shift - Atrophy - JH.mp3 --  (Download: 10.11 MB)

I like it! Cool use of delays for emphasis. Nice use of reverb on the vocals, they sit well. Your toms feel nice. Transition into the bridge with the rise is fun. I like your effects at 4:40, but the second one at 4:45 feels too long? Or maybe it's just a bit much.

Still, good stuff!
Thank you for your feedback!!

Makes me happy, since I really don't have professional equipment.

Regarding that backwards hit at 4:45, you're completely right.. when I implemented it i realized it was too long, but decided to leave it that way since it at least is in time and kind of plays with the vocals, making the silent part stick out more... maybe...

Thank you Smile
I like the idea overall (and it's all subjective, anyways!).

In regards to mixing, an instructor of mine once said, "if you do something and realize it sucks, just make sure you suck on purpose." In a light-hearted manner, of course, and I'm not saying you suck Wink but I agree with him that commitment to one's decisions is important; one can always change their mind later!