Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Souls Moon mix by Aris
Hello everybody this is my mix and i wait your critic. It was not a very easy mix finally due to some problems in the vocal track.

.mp3    All Souls Moon.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

Nice mix Aris!

Just some more de-esser on vox for sibilance or less 10K on it should help... Wink

All best

Jacques

....check my mix, if you want, and give me advice Wink
[quote='Jacques' pid='12703' dateline='1386074989']
Nice mix Aris!

Just some more de-esser on vox for sibilance or less 10K on it should help... Wink

All best

Jacques

Thank you Jacques for your time. It is true that i should take care more the vocal track but i don't have a very clear view of the sound field because i mix with headphones.

As jacques noticed, You have certain harshness in many instruments and in overall sound.
It's totally possible that it's not audible in your headphones. So, if you're mixing with headphones try to find trustworthy open headphones. Note: good sounding headphones are quite often someway enhanced and not necessarily flat and exact. When mixing the flatness of headphones would be a good thing.

But otherwise I think you have nice balance here, and if I could listen with your headphones, the sound could be just perfect.

As jacques noticed, You have certain harshness in many instruments and in overall sound.
Confused

Thank you Olli for your time. You are right. I know that i have to buy good headphones and monitors. I hope next month i will have them.
Thats a great mix but an awful eq.
Look forward to hear more from you when you get better listenin tools. You certainly have good ears and ideas. Great effect copyin "the spirits roam" and givin it verb.
Your pannin decisions are unusual and works, bas solo to the left, lead vox slightly to the right.

For the eq I take it you mix on very dark headphones.
It sound like you cut a lot o lo and boost a lot o highs, especially on leadvox. Simply reducin both cut and boost will give a much better mix.

Anyway, could I hear it in your cans I guess it would sound just right. I actually own a set o old closer Pioneer cans, great for trackin but I cant mix on them. Guess your mix will sound great on them Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Havin a listen on my old pioneer SE 305, and it sounds great.
Dont worry bout the critics but look forward to your new speakers or cans when they arrive and a merry christmas to you.

Good job !

Thumbnail(s)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(18-12-2013, 06:33 PM)Voelund Wrote: Havin a listen on my old pioneer SE 305, and it sounds great.
Dont worry bout the critics but look forward to your new speakers or cans when they arrive and a merry christmas to you.

Good job !

Thank you Voelund. I don't worry about the critics. I like them. I would like to thank you for your time and wish you merry Xmas. I'm still working with my crapy headphones (AKG K-77 Perception) and i want to buy the "Focal Spirit Professional".