Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem on snare down ?
Hey guys,

I started to mix this song and just realized something weird on the snaredown track.

I starts at 40 seconds approx.

I almost feel like a weird rebounce. I dont know how to explian in english. It's like a distorsion on a delay. I think something went wrong during the record.

In the mix it can't be heard but it disturb me when I mix the drums.

Just to let you know.
And pls tell me if you find a workaround.

Thanks.
I'm not hearing anything weird. I am hearing some ghost notes and maybe the snares resonating to something else in the kit occasionally but nothing that sounds like the bottom of a snare.

Personally, I usually like stuff like that. But I suppose if it's an issue try gating or expanding it and have it side chained to the top of the snare.
(08-04-2020, 05:55 PM)RoyM Wrote: I'm not hearing anything weird. I am hearing some ghost notes and maybe the snares resonating to something else in the kit occasionally but nothing that sounds like the bottom of a snare.

Personally, I usually like stuff like that. But I suppose if it's an issue try gating or expanding it and have it side chained to the top of the snare.

I will try the expand / sidechain technic.

But it is not audible in the mix so probably not necessary.

I have another question completely outside this issue:
My fridge is messing with my monitors !!!! Everytime the fridge starts there is an electric pop in my monitor.
Do you know if this is really dangerous ( I think yes )? If yes what would you do ?

Thanks
(08-04-2020, 08:11 PM)Badcard Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 05:55 PM)RoyM Wrote: I'm not hearing anything weird. I am hearing some ghost notes and maybe the snares resonating to something else in the kit occasionally but nothing that sounds like the bottom of a snare.

I will try the expand / sidechain technic.

But it is not audible in the mix so probably not necessary.

I have another question completely outside this issue:
My fridge is messing with my monitors !!!! Everytime the fridge starts there is an electric pop in my monitor.
Do you know if this is really dangerous ( I think yes )? If yes what would you do ?

Thanks
I haven't had to think of electrical things like that in a long time. I think it's a grounding thing and they're on the same circuit. If possible try using a different outlet that is separate from the fridge. Even if it's just a test that could narrow down the issue. I don't think it's particularly dangerous but I'm not an electrician.