Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Symphony Of Silence'-Yoshi-Mix2
My first impression.
My PC is heavy and tired.

2nd Friggy advice Version (09-04-2020, 10:08 PM)

Thank you for listening

---Yoshi

.mp3    Symphony Of Silence\'-Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

.mp3    Symphony Of Silence\'-Yoshi-Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

Snare sounds a little weak, probably just needs more volume, kick should probably come up a bit with it too. Verb on the vocal gives it a a hallow sound, kind of sounds like being in a bathroom, I'd turn that down a bit and you'll be all set.
Hi Friggy

Thanks for the comment.
I've made a few corrections.

Thank you for listening

---Yoshi

.mp3    Symphony Of Silence\'-Yoshi-Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

Hey Yoshi, nice work! I’m listening to Mix2 right now and am just focusing on the first 10 seconds. I think this mix is ROCK SOLID. The only tiny little thing I would personally change is to listen carefully to the harsh/hiss/fuzz frequencies of the wide-panned guitars. I do agree with Friggy that the singer still sounds like he’s in a bathroom lol.

And the overall mix is kind of quiet. I’m comparing against the ‘Full Preview’ mastered mix. Maybe you haven’t applied Mastering yet, I’m not sure. I’m not the right person to ask about how to make a mix loud, though. I’m still very confused on how experts get their Masters sounding so loud while maintaining perfect clarity and compression.

Overall, nice work! Keep it up! My 2 cents. Best, - Timothy
Nice work Yoshi,
I like your taste. Mix sounds great! Vox maybe still a bit hot though. I find it really hard to get the vocal level right. Referencing and low level listening is my approach to this these days . Well Done.Big Grin
Hi fehling89 Dave

Thanks for the advice.
My PC uses a lot of plugins, so I can't play it well!
I can't edit this piece any more!
But I will listen to your advice.

Thank you for listening

---Yoshi