Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Symphony Of Silence
(23-04-2020, 02:40 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Dave!

Your version two sounds really cool man! Tons of punch and power! maybe the only think I can think of is maybe adding a little bit of 300 to your bass during the verses?  Somwhere in the lower mids. Maybe across the board? the seems to be a little bit of room that I think the bass could occupy.  Right now you have a great huge kick sound, with a bass that is warm, but does leave a little something to be desired.  With that said, I am not happy with where my bass has landed, but I kept myself to a very strict time constraint.

Also the sub bass from the kick leading into the 1st chorus gets a a little bit too big for its britches, heh. 

All in all, a really fine mix with strong imaging, punch, and power. 

Really nice work!
Draper
Good points!  I tried to add some extra width to the bass through the verses to fill things out somewhat but gave up in the end.  I did play around with the 300hz thing but obviously kept it leaner than I could have.  I think you're right though, it certainly could do with some filling out in this regard.  The bass generally was tricky,  where as everything seemed to lay down quite easily.  
I don't doubt that my sub freqz could be wayward.  Mixing with closed monitors and no sub, does leave me a bit vulnerable in this area,  although I do have some work arounds.  I guess with my efforts of chasing impact,  I allowed the leash to be slackened a tad. 
Thanks for taking the time Draper. Valued comments as always.
(08-04-2020, 01:19 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Five minutes here and there and Voilà,  I have something to present.  This is one of the few mixes I've done where I haven't felt the need to eq the drums.  How cool is that! 
Not sure I've mixed this in the styling that the artist would approve of, but more to my liking, which is what I tend to do these days.  I did try to crunch things up a bit but couldn't get much more out of it with out it being detrimental overall.  Anyways lots of fun and a smoking track.  Thanks for listening,  Thoughts welcomed.

Update 10-04-20 Mix#2 Added  Slight refinement to the bass and treble frequencies
Hi Dave MAN this mix is filthy man,well driven with attitude you have nailed that sucker well,you have inspired me.
Reaper user
Filthy in a very good way,like in your faceSmile
Reaper user
(28-04-2020, 02:49 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Filthy in a very good way,like in your faceSmile

Beautiful Cudjoe, I'm Pleased.  I'll make sure to keep an ear out for your mix.  I reckon this tune is right up your ally.

Cheers