Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Friggy Mix - Symphony Of Silence
Here's my first go at this one. Kept the nice sludgy rock sound and hopefully put some definition in the places it needed it.

.mp3    00-Symphony Of Silence MixV1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.95 MB)

Hi!

Nice solid mix I think.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey Friggy, I like your mix! The drums sound great, the bass sounds great, the balance seems really nice. And the overall clarity is great too. The only thing I’d change personally is to bring the wide-panned guitars down in volume a little bit, maybe like 1-2 dB. That’s about it. It sounds really good. Nice work!

If I might ask, how do you get your mix sounding nice & loud like a Mastered track, while maintaining the nice clarity you have?

Best, - Timothy
Great work Friggy,

Nice impact and drive. The drums hold up really well through the heavier passages. Well Done.
(10-04-2020, 02:30 AM)fehling89 Wrote: Hey Friggy, I like your mix! The drums sound great, the bass sounds great, the balance seems really nice. And the overall clarity is great too. The only thing I’d change personally is to bring the wide-panned guitars down in volume a little bit, maybe like 1-2 dB. That’s about it. It sounds really good. Nice work!

If I might ask, how do you get your mix sounding nice & loud like a Mastered track, while maintaining the nice clarity you have?

Best, - Timothy

Thank you, It's difficult to get the side stuff right over here, I think I need to angle my speakers around some more to help with that side-to-mid balance.

For the volume I just start the mix with Pro-L2 on my stereo out and mix into it from the beginning. Once I gain stage and have a general balance I'll turn up the limiter to be around -6rms and just mix from there. That way I hear how everything reacts at a "finished" volume and I notice how much or how little something needs to be processed.