Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
my first mix in my life:)
Hi guys!

Paolo from The Black Crown, thank you very much for the provided multitrack!

Just started to learn mixing. Please listen to my first mix and say what I did wrong.

I myself noticed that the vocals are a little knocked out of the mix ...

.mp3    Flames_Rasmobig_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.01 MB)

I dunno, for a first mix it feels pretty good. The vocal level feels in the right ballpark. I think the bass is a little 'tubby" and has a lot of lower mids. 250 hz? 150hz? I'm bad at numbers. But that's really it. It's pleasant to listen to. The effects are tasteful and subtle. There are minor things that jump out at me. The snare could be a little brighter and have more crack and maybe the kick is a little too in the front? That said, I listened to most of the song before I even considered anything like that. You made just listen to the song as opposed to the mix and that's a good thing and the job of the mixer.
Good job.
(08-04-2020, 06:23 PM)RoyM Wrote: I dunno, for a first mix it feels pretty good. The vocal level feels in the right ballpark. I think the bass is a little 'tubby" and has a lot of lower mids. 250 hz? 150hz? I'm bad at numbers. But that's really it. It's pleasant to listen to. The effects are tasteful and subtle. There are minor things that jump out at me. The snare could be a little brighter and have more crack and maybe the kick is a little too in the front? That said, I listened to most of the song before I even considered anything like that. You made just listen to the song as opposed to the mix and that's a good thing and the job of the mixer.
Good job.
Thank you for your opinion! It is very valuable to me.
Sounds great if that is your actual first mix. Vocals sounds a bit unglued from the rest and I heards some weird cut/pop on the vocal track.
(26-04-2020, 11:41 PM)PatĀ Tamborriello Wrote: Sounds great if that is your actual first mix. Vocals sounds a bit unglued from the rest and I heards some weird cut/pop on the vocal track.
Thank! Indeed this is my first mix). In the past, I just used templates. In this mix, I processed every track.
There really is a problem in vocals in my mix, I know this and pointed it out in my first post.