Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream (mix by akor)
Hi everyone! Here is my mix. Not my style but I tried. Please vote!

.mp3    WhisperToAScream_akor.mp3 --  (Download: 9.78 MB)

Something funky going on with the very first few seconds (maybe it was on purpose as a dramatic effect?).

Nice mix. Different from the others as you took out some mids and featured more low end. Bass guitar is maybe a touch too upfront and lead guitar sounds a little dull, but overall I like the route you took. Good work.

Keep it loud!
Johnny Lokke,
www.johnnylokkeband.com
(03-12-2013, 04:27 PM)johnnylokke Wrote: Something funky going on with the very first few seconds (maybe it was on purpose as a dramatic effect?).
Yes, it is an artistic decision. Maybe not too lucky Blush

(03-12-2013, 04:27 PM)johnnylokke Wrote: Nice mix. Different from the others as you took out some mids and featured more low end. Bass guitar is maybe a touch too upfront and lead guitar sounds a little dull, but overall I like the route you took. Good work.
Thank you for your comment! I agree with everything you wrote. For me was the landmark style rock the 80s.) Again, this is not my material, but decided to try.)
(03-12-2013, 05:50 PM)akor Wrote: Yes, it is an artistic decision. Maybe not too lucky Blush

No worries, that is good! Always better to try something different than do the same thing every time.

Keep it loud!
Johnny Lokke,
www.johnnylokkeband.com
Sounds like a pretty good job ,the upper bass sounds a touch upfront Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Yes, with the bass guitar, I overdid it.) Thank you!
(02-12-2013, 08:53 PM)akor Wrote: Not my style but I tried.

Geez. Came out pretty darn good for something that's "not your style." Wink Gotta love the way you gave everything a good low end "weight" yet still kept the high frequencies crisp and clear, particularly in the vocals (which were spot on in level; that's hard to do in this kind of music, which is all the more impressive for a type of music you're not used to mixing Smile). Not a big fan of that opening, though; sounds more like a problem with the stereo and that might freak out a listener or two... Wink

Only thing was the bass was a wee bit twangy and distracting; I'd either roll off some high frequencies on it to deaden that or pull it back a few dB.
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince