Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9 - Living Lie
This is my mix of this song.

Let me know what you think!

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

Hi jorhaowei

Thanks for mixing our track !
- My foremost piece of feedback is the intelligibility of the lead vocal. The band all sounds clear in your mix, but the vocal is hard to make out - perhaps too much high end is rolled off? The reverb choice also seems to be contributing - are you rolling off any frequencies on your reverb?
- Hearing a bit of flam noise on the kick drum - did you time align the tracks
- Like the lead guitar effects choices - and I am the guitar player, so thanks for that
- background vocals are in front of the lead vocal and take the spotlight - probably related to my first point
- overall balance sounds good - maybe missing some low frequencies on the bass. Bass has a bit of a "honk" tonality to it - fills are audible though which is good

Thanks again for mixing our track - not sure what commercial references you were using, but this may also help with the lead vocal balance.

Cheers

Thomas

(12-04-2020, 10:32 PM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi jorhaowei

Thanks for mixing our track ! 
- My foremost piece of feedback is the intelligibility of the lead vocal.  The band all sounds clear in your mix, but the vocal is hard to make out - perhaps too much high end is rolled off?  The reverb choice also seems to be contributing - are you rolling off any frequencies on your reverb?
- Hearing a bit of flam noise on the kick drum - did you time align the tracks
- Like the lead guitar effects choices - and I am the guitar player, so thanks for that
- background vocals are in front of the lead vocal and take the spotlight - probably related to my first point
- overall balance sounds good - maybe missing some low frequencies on the bass.  Bass has a bit of a "honk" tonality to it - fills are audible though which is good

Thanks again for mixing our track - not sure what commercial references you were using, but this may also help with the lead vocal balance.

Cheers

Thomas
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I have made the lead vocals more prominent,I also lowered the backing vocals more and used a delay on the vocals instead so that it is less muddy.For the flam noise on the kick drum,I think it stems from the drum room recording so I EQ'ed it and I think it sounds better now.I also tweaked the bass EQ as well.

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.08 MB)