Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9_Living Lie
Cool

.mp3    Nerve 9_Living Lie.mp3 --  (Download: 5.15 MB)

Thanks for mixing our track ! Had a listen through. Highlight for me is the chorus parts - liked the vibe you have going. Here are a few observations, although some subjective:

* Verse guitar hollowed out - cool - found it a little on the high end as it went on though

* first bridge part - feels like a little momentum is lost between the hollowed out guitar part and the arpeggiated part. Could just be volume (?)

* kick pokes out for me a bit - too much thump
* hoping for more low end from the bass - also missing some of the fills - either overall level is too low or the fills need automated up - I think both
* BV into 2nd chorus - nice reverb treatment - like it a lot
* bass mod in bridge - interesting/creative choice. Works too.

* tom 3 - a bit too much LF?

* like the chorus balance a lot

Thanks again for mixing the track !

Thomas
(11-04-2020, 12:14 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Thanks for mixing our track ! Had a listen through. Highlight for me is the chorus parts - liked the vibe you have going. Here are a few observations, although some subjective:

* Verse guitar hollowed out - cool - found it a little on the high end as it went on though

* first bridge part - feels like a little momentum is lost between the hollowed out guitar part and the arpeggiated part. Could just be volume (?)

* kick pokes out for me a bit - too much thump
* hoping for more low end from the bass - also missing some of the fills - either overall level is too low or the fills need automated up - I think both
* BV into 2nd chorus - nice reverb treatment - like it a lot
* bass mod in bridge - interesting/creative choice. Works too.

* tom 3 - a bit too much LF?

* like the chorus balance a lot

Thanks again for mixing the track !

Thomas

thanks a lot for taking the time and your kind words... i 'll try to address those issues and hope to fix em
tried to fix...hope it is better now

.mp3    Nerve 9_Living Lie_mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

[quote pid='94509' dateline='1586204576']
I generally liked the dynamics in this one. The vocal is done well with EQ, compression, and ambience, but to me, it sounds like the gate is a little aggressive. I didn’t gate this vocal, as I didn’t see much reason to. In general, I feel like there is too much high passing on instruments. I am missing all low mid and low end detail in the drums and guitars. I always high pass things and take out some low mids, but it can easily be overdone. I personally, when I’m finished, will check a frequency analyzer. I try to make it as flat as I can in the end. The vocal is a bit quieter in the chorus than the verse, which for me, makes the chorus sound less energetic. The volume balance and panning were pretty good throughout.

[/quote]
(31-07-2020, 05:49 AM)Universe Man Wrote: [quote pid='94509' dateline='1586204576']
I generally liked the dynamics in this one. The vocal is done well with EQ, compression, and ambience, but to me, it sounds like the gate is a little aggressive. I didn’t gate this vocal, as I didn’t see much reason to. In general, I feel like there is too much high passing on instruments. I am missing all low mid and low end detail in the drums and guitars. I always high pass things and take out some low mids, but it can easily be overdone. I personally, when I’m finished, will check a frequency analyzer. I try to make it as flat as I can in the end. The vocal is a bit quieter in the chorus than the verse, which for me, makes the chorus sound less energetic. The volume balance and panning were pretty good throughout.

[/quote]
thanks for feedback, maybe i should check the mix again...