Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mix
Hi, please comment. Thanks!

.mp3    MagiciansNephew.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Hey petroshka, nice mix. I’m just focusing in on the first 10 seconds. I really like your overall balance; your kick drum sound (has a combo of nice punch and oomph, w/o being too noticeably one or the other); I like the ‘space’ you designed, when I hear the snare ring out near the end. The only thing I would review is the bass low-end and level. I can’t hear any lower/fullness in the mix at all. Apart from that, nice work! My 2 cents Smile
(10-04-2020, 01:42 AM)fehling89 Wrote: Hey petroshka, nice mix. I’m just focusing in on the first 10 seconds. I really like your overall balance; your kick drum sound (has a combo of nice punch and oomph, w/o being too noticeably one or the other); I like the ‘space’ you designed, when I hear the snare ring out near the end. The only thing I would review is the bass low-end and level. I can’t hear any lower/fullness in the mix at all. Apart from that, nice work! My 2 cents Smile

Hi fehling89 Smile thanks for your comment. Last time i did some mixes for to of my friends and both of them complained about bass in low frequenses eating up to much energy, so i am really carfully about this from then to keep bass "not muddy". That's why You hear it :-)

I allowed myself to check your mix. i have just checked until first chorus. I think that overall balance is good, but there is one thing keeping my atention. It looks that everything under 250hz is covered with a bass guitar. IMHO, if you make some space in bass sound for the kick by rolling off around 60Hz and notching out around 200Hz to make more space for fuller snare, vocal and guitars would let the mix buss compressor rest and help the mix open up a little bit.

But everything is about the taste. This is just my opinion.

Anyway keep it up :-)