Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9 - Living Lie
Hey Guys,

here is my version of "Living Lie" from Nerve 9.

Have fun! Big Grin

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.27 MB)

Hi Leng-Sound

Thanks for mixing our song - just had a listen through and can offer some observations. I think the strong positive I would say is that you are creating some impact when the chorus' start and with the lead guitar sections - I feel the build.

Some of these are taste-driven for sure, so take what you like and ignore what you don't.
- I felt the verse guitar was masking the vocal a bit. Either lower the verse guitar a bit or carve out some 2k or …..
- chorus vocal level. Helps create impact having the overall level rise, but this made me jump a bit - perhaps a little closer to the verse vocal level
- cymbals - the overhead mics are basically cymbal mics, so some higher freq cuts are needed I believe. They were poking out a bit for me
- guitar on left in the chorus seems louder than that on the right to me - pulls the mix to the left - see what you think
- bass fills are not cutting through the mix - consider a parallel distortion track where you can ride up the fills without affecting your bass balance. Or boost some 1k ish or something like this.
- 1st lead guitar too loud in the balance. The middle and end balance sound great to me. Blame the guy who recorded and played it - me Smile
- taste comment - the chorus arpeggiated gtr was low in the balance - I was missing it. Completely subjective.

I hope this helps a bit ! Thanks again for mixing/sharing your version of our track !

Cheers

Thomas