Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
WaterBoy Mix
Had a lot of fun mixing this!

.mp3    MagiciansNephew_SymphonyOfSilence_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

Listened to some other mixes, was really impressed and wanted to make some changes. Great sounding stems!

.mp3    MagiciansNephew_SymphonyOfSilence_Full_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

I really like the mix balance overall! Maybe guitars are a bit too crunchy on the mids, you can notice it in the louder parts. Probably some 500-800 Hz cut would do the trick? The only big problem I find (and it's rather a creative matter) is that it sounds too wet. Too much reverb, up to the point you sacrificed some energy taking instruments and the vocals too far away, you need something in the front so things in the back make a difference.

Anyway, really good one, I enjoyed it Smile
Recently graduated sound tech looking for a job in a tough world :-)
Hey thanks for the reply!  Too much reverb is an issue with me.  I usually mix filmscore / classical so its built into my sensibility that way.  I'll take a listen with your comments in mind!

LunassydI really like the mix balance overall! Maybe guitars are a bit too crunchy on the mids, you can notice it in the louder parts. Probably some 500-800 Hz cut would do the trick? The only big problem I find (and it's rather a creative matter) is that it sounds too wet. Too much reverb, up to the point you sacrificed some energy taking instruments and the vocals too far away, you need something in the front so things in the back make a difference.

Anyway, really good one, I enjoyed it Smile