Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Long Wait "Dark Horses"
It has all kinds of little problems...Smile
All in all nice song Wink
Pleaseee comment Big Grin

.mp3    DARK HORSES Nikola Mikovic.mp3 --  (Download: 10.71 MB)

(04-04-2020, 07:33 PM)Nikola Mikovic Wrote: It has all kinds of little problems...Smile
All in all nice song Wink
Pleaseee comment Big Grin
Hi Nikola.

Outstanding mix you've got there. I am really impressed by the overall clarity, balance and cohesion of your mix.
The drums sound amazing (I remember the untreated drum sounds being not the greatest...) although the snare could have a bit more "crack".
Vocals have a roomy quality to them which I dont really like but thats a taste thing.

When the vocals reenter duringthe guitar solo there seems to be an obvious drop in level of the lead guitar (ca. 2:30), which upsets the flow. I'd try to ease the transition a bit.
The delay effect on the vocal after the guitar solo is very musical and works well.

Overall a great mix! All these thing are very minor tweaks and I tried hard looking for stuff I didnt like. Great job.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
Hey Lukas, thanks for feedback and kind words. Big Grin
For the drums I backup only snare with another snare sample. I was afraid not to over-sample.
The vocal room fx is just a simple slap back delay... maybe I should have experimented more with space...
For the lead guitar part, if you heard the automation i apparently exaggerated.  Smile
All in all, you have good ears, Lukas  Wink