Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silence Is Near: 'The Forthcoming Turn'
Hi everyone, here's my mix of "The Forthcoming Term".

Cheers,
Mick

.mp3    the forthcoming turn MIX001.mp3 --  (Download: 14.39 MB)

You've got a great mix going there. Recheck to balance between L and R guitars though, bring the left one down like 1 or 2 dB. Also, really nice drums! Did you use any samples at all, if not could you give an advice on how you got the snare sound? I really like it, it sound bright but still very clean even in this hihat heavy track. I think if you continue cleaning up the mix it's going to be REALLY good. I pick up some old school KSE or AILD vibes. Clean sounding guitars and drums that is not too aggressive but still strong enough to carry the song. I however decided to go for a more aggressive sounding mix like Periphery or Code Orange feel. Please Check my mix out too! I'd love to hear your thoughts
(04-04-2020, 11:00 AM)bcs_mix Wrote: You've got a great mix going there. Recheck to balance between L and R guitars though, bring the left one down like 1 or 2 dB. Also, really nice drums! Did you use any samples at all, if not could you give an advice on how you got the snare sound? I really like it, it sound bright but still very clean even in this hihat heavy track. I think if you continue cleaning up the mix it's going to be REALLY good. I pick up some old school KSE or AILD vibes. Clean sounding guitars and drums that is not too aggressive but still strong enough to carry the song. I however decided to go for a more aggressive sounding mix like Periphery or Code Orange feel. Please Check my mix out too! I'd love to hear your thoughts

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your comments. I did blend some Slate drum samples to give the drums a bit of a helping hand. The original recorded samples lacked a bit of top-end smack to poke through. I just listened to your mix too and left some feedback.

Cheers,
Mick

Woah. This is a great mix. I'm a huge fan of it. The compression gets a little weird at times, but for the most part it sounds great. I think the only real victim of the compression is the overheads / room track, but that gives it some movement. Great job!