Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Symphony Of Silence

Hi!

My mix!

Thanks for listening. Big Grin

.mp3    Symphony Of Silence RK.mp3 --  (Download: 6.96 MB)

I like it. It's got a lot of attitude and energy. Is there reverb on the Kick? There's something going on that I like but also find a little distracting. Maybe it's some thing that can be tweaked or eq'd a little more. I'm losing the Bass Guitar because of it. I think the cymbals could come back a bit. Overall the band feels like one big gelatinous mix with the occasional fill popping out of it. Which, personally, I'm ok with and like. I do think in all of the general bedlam the vocals (and maybe bass riffs on second listen) are having trouble coming through. The Verse vocals work, though the distortion might be "gilding the lily" and it might be interesting to have them be a cleaner element in contrast to the bombast. The Chorus vocals feel a little overcome. It might be ok because it's a fairly repetitive phrase but energy wise I think things comedown and I lose interest.

It's a good mix. It might be a little fatiguing but it's a short song so it works.
Hi!

New version. Some corrections.

.mp3    Symphony Of Silence RK-2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.96 MB)

Hey mik, not a bad mix, deep tones. Listening now to mix 2, its better then the first one. Not too much to add other then it feel a tiny washy and a litle on the "dull side" mastering wise but the tones on all elements are great, and to me the vocals could come up. The drums feels a tiny bit over the other elements, could maybe bring them down a bit by have some comp on masterbuss with slow settings, other then that gj.
(03-04-2020, 07:48 AM)mik123 Wrote: Hi!

My mix!

Hi Mik123

I like your mix a lot!!!! your mix sound powerful and has a lot of energy. After listening to your mix i think i will also mix this track.
Well doneWink
Mr. Loud