Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am the Desert ( I really am, I mean it this time)
Hey guys!

So, this is a song that Carol Dant and I wrote together one day about a week ago. Most of it was all done with midi, except the guitars and vocals (obviously). If anyone wants, i could give anyone that wanted them the midi tracks to play with, and just see what you come up with. I know this isn't really a remix forum, but feel free to jank it up.

So, I mixed the reference track as well, and just to make sure I gave everyone the correct tracks, I decided to make another mix of it. Am I a narcissist? Maybe.

Some of the big points that are key for this song (for me) are as follows:
1)Auto tune: we are both aware that our tracks are, how should I put it, not the closest to pitch as they could be, but we knew ahead of time that we were going to use a really autotuned and heavily compressed sound for the song, so. . . we just kinda did it a couple times. . . and. . . you know. . . that's what we came up with in about 15 minutes work a piece for the vocals. So yeah, don't be afraid to really hit them hard with some autotune.

2) In the second verse, the lower voice is the main melody, with the higher voice the backup part. I definitely tucked it back behind the main voc of that section.

3) Heavy aggressive low end

4)Smooth mids in the pads and synts

5)Really vibey ambient effects across the board.

So yeah, I will make sure to comment on the mixes, as well as listen to feedback on my mix(es) as well.

Hope you all enjoy!

Draper

Oh, btw, we're going by the group name Whistler Smother

.mp3    I am the desert real_Discussion_r1_session.mp3 --  (Download: 6.25 MB)

(02-04-2020, 05:22 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Oh, btw, we're going by the group name Whistler Smother

Very good name. Big Grin
OH!

And so, I forgot.

I failed on the export of the bass parts. The really busy bass parts are only supposed to be in during the choruses, and maybe during the solo(?[but i can't be bothered to take the 2 minutes it would take to check at the moment. . .{now i'm just being stubborn}]). That is according to my submitted mix to the site as the reference track, but hey, you do you, ya know? Go sleep with your socks on, what do I care (a la Carol)?

Hav fune!