Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician's Nephew 'Symphony Of Silence'
Nice and groovy track. A pleasant hear.

.mp3    Magician\'s Nephew \'Symphony Of Silence\'.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

Hey mic! Is there something flamming in the drums? Maybe there could be some doubletracks / latency problems. I like the vox you got, its smooth yet "big" in the context. The guitars are big and heavy, might feel even more evil/gritty if the 3k came up a tiny bit, but that might make them out of context so this could be a mastering thing. If you had fixed the flamming i think this would be a good mix tbh, maybe a tiny "honky" near the 500 are but it fits the genre.
Hey Crownoise.Thanks for your valuable feedback on the track mate. The Flamming is coming from the heavy gating used on the snare to get rid of the cymbal/hats bleed (I like my snare debleeded Tongue).Anyway as I was about to export the song Unfortunately I turned up the gate to 11 accidentally (slip of fingers I suppose) . I am going to fix that and repost the song soon enough. Once again thanks for your comment. Really appreciated!!!
No probs mate, will def listen to your edited version Smile
I agree with what Crownoise said. Besides the drums it works. I find the delay on the vocal to be a little distracting on the verses but it's not a huge deal. I keep thinking I hear some distortion on the right occasionally, like at around 1:48.