Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just nuts about the untuned guitar ;)
This is actually a nice song. I absolutely love the 70's vibe in it.

Mix-wise there's not much to say. The tracks are easy to work with and the song is just nice.

This time aound I actually believe that I've landed somewhere close to something that I enjoy listening to.

With that being said, tips, tricks and comments are still most welcomed

Edit v2
Took a more rock-n-roll-like approach. Perhaps it could have been dirtier ...

.mp3    The Long Wait - Dark Horses.mp3 --  (Download: 10.42 MB)

.mp3    The Long Wait - Dark Horses v2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.42 MB)

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi,

Sounding good. I feel the snare could maybe be a touch brighter perhaps? The vocals are maybe a bit too forward for my taste also. Maybe check the ref mix and see what you think, re snare/vox/guitar balance? Anyway, what do I know. As you say, pretty close I think. Oh, that guitar is genius - I like it a lot Big Grin.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi

Thanks for your input.

Initially I aimed for a brighter snare, but ... guess it got lost in the process.

I guess it wouldn't hurt the entire expression if I gave some a rock & roll vibe.

Thanks again Smile

(31-03-2020, 09:28 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Sounding good. I feel the snare could maybe be a touch brighter perhaps? The vocals are maybe a bit too forward for my taste also. Maybe check the ref mix and see what you think, re snare/vox/guitar balance? Anyway, what do I know. As you say, pretty close I think. Oh, that guitar is genius - I like it a lot Big Grin.

Cheers!

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow