Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rhytard mix
hi this is my mix of I am the desert

.mp3    I Am The Desert.mp3 --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

Very clean mix rhy!

The drums are punch and the synths are sitting well without overloading the mids.

In the second verse, the lower voice is supposed to be the lead during that part, it's interesting to hear so many people so far use the higher part as the lead.

I like your straight forward approach. I know the vox are definitely recorded dark, but maybe cleaning out a little bit of 300-400 Hz in all of the vocals could some good.

Overall I like the mix, it definitely gives the vibe we were going for!

Cheers!

Draper
(03-04-2020, 06:06 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Very clean mix rhy!

The drums are punch and the synths are sitting well without overloading the mids.

In the second verse, the lower voice is supposed to be the lead during that part, it's interesting to hear so many people so far use the higher part as the lead.

I like your straight forward approach. I know the vox are definitely recorded dark, but maybe cleaning out a little bit of 300-400 Hz in all of the vocals could some good.

Overall I like the mix, it definitely gives the vibe we were going for!

Cheers!

Draper

thanks a lot, I really appreciate the feedback!

yeah i think one thing with these multitrack is that there's no references so everyone tends to mix towards what they think is for the best as opposed to what the artist wants

you're probably right about the vocal eq too, i thought they were tricky to get right

thanks again!
I really thougth this was great mix. As the song progresses you really feel each track layering together without losing balance. I liked how the grooving bass line creates a nice foundation and the synths add space around it. The drums were well done, great punch and at just the right level. The reverb was spot on with the 2nd guitar track, and I really dug the feel with the pads there as well.

Comparing to some of the other mixes (including mine) I thought your vocal processing was very good. However, I did hear a prominent crackle in your track at 1:41, and a quieter one possibly on one of the vocal tracks at 2:19.