Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Janko Mix
Hello Community.

My first Post and my First Mix Submission. This Track caught my Attention and I really liked it. Nice mood it gave, mixed on a Sunday afternoon a few Weeks back.
Thought I publish it here......

Have a good one,

Janko

.mp3    Turn on Me.mp3 --  (Download: 9.92 MB)

I like the sound of this mix in a general sense -- it's got a nice atmosphere somehow. However, it feels to me that the snare and ride are both too far upfront, and threaten to eclipse the vocal, which seems undesirable. I'd probably give the vocal a touch more level overall too.

The guitar and ukelele feel that they could have a bit more sustain, and this is a classic example of a mix where I'd break out the parallel compression for those parts, crushing the parallel channel at high speed to condense out just the note tails and add some more 'ring' to the upper voices of the harmony.

Could the flute not have some kind of obvious delay on it? I know it's a matter of taste, but it seems so natural to me there that maybe it does to you too! Smile

Funny place to do your final fade -- either don't fade until after the final chord, or fade out while the groove is still in full flight.