Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Souls Moon Blue Bus Mix
Hi

My take. Hope you like it.

Regards,
Blue Bus.

.mp3    All Souls Moon Blue Bus Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

Very nice balance. My only suggestion would be to create a bit more ambience for the instruments.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Nice overall balance, though the vocal is just a bit up front for my taste. The instrumental levels are pretty good, but there's not a real sense of blend without any reverbs/delays. This is really evident with the drums, as they are boxy and dry as a bone. A little blending reverb would go a long way. Not much, but just enough to glue everything together. Other than that, sounds good!
Hi,

with the vocals so upfront you should carefully eliminate all the little clicks that are in this track. But I do think that it is too upfront anyway. And being all for dry mixes, I have to agree that a bit more would not hurt your mix.

Cheers
Artbass
(29-11-2013, 04:54 PM)bmullen Wrote: Very nice balance. My only suggestion would be to create a bit more ambience for the instruments.

Thank you for the kind words. I will try and use more separation. Still learning how to use effects properly.
(29-11-2013, 09:58 PM)jspace24 Wrote: Nice overall balance, though the vocal is just a bit up front for my taste. The instrumental levels are pretty good, but there's not a real sense of blend without any reverbs/delays. This is really evident with the drums, as they are boxy and dry as a bone. A little blending reverb would go a long way. Not much, but just enough to glue everything together. Other than that, sounds good!

Thank you for the comment . I will look in to effects and try and improve.
(30-11-2013, 11:35 AM)Artbass Wrote: Hi,

with the vocals so upfront you should carefully eliminate all the little clicks that are in this track. But I do think that it is too upfront anyway. And being all for dry mixes, I have to agree that a bit more would not hurt your mix.

Cheers
Artbass

True, I should have eliminated the clicks and pops.Also a bit more space could help. Thank you for the constructive criticism.