Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Kat Wright - By My Side
Hello everyone, here is my mix. Please leave a comment Blush
Thanks.

.mp3    Kat Wright - By My Side .mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

I really like this! It's nicely balanced, you really make the dry sound work, and that stereo effect on the guitar solo is *chef's kiss*. A+ mix right here.

EDIT: On second listen, the mix has the same problem I've heard on a lot of these mixes where the snare sounds very different when the vocal comes in, which is very jarring when it keeps going back and forth.
(22-03-2020, 11:09 AM)Damian Oakes Wrote: I really like this! It's nicely balanced, you really make the dry sound work, and that stereo effect on the guitar solo is *chef's kiss*. A+ mix right here.

EDIT: On second listen, the mix has the same problem I've heard on a lot of these mixes where the snare sounds very different when the vocal comes in, which is very jarring when it keeps going back and forth.

Thank you very much. I'll try fix the snare somehow. I really appreciate your comment.
(22-03-2020, 04:01 PM)mike84 Wrote:
(22-03-2020, 11:09 AM)Damian Oakes Wrote: I really like this! It's nicely balanced, you really make the dry sound work, and that stereo effect on the guitar solo is *chef's kiss*. A+ mix right here.

Thank you very much. I'll try fix the snare somehow. I really appreciate your comment.

My advice would be to embrace the bleed as part of the sound, just make sure the mics are in phase. You can use volume automation if you need to control it.