Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Brew: What I Want (Yoda's Mix)
here's my try, what do you think?

EBU R128 measurement: INT -19 LUFS / LRA 7.5 / TP -1.0dB

.mp3    The Brew - What I Want 03-Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

"Es wird immer weiter geh'n, Musik als Traeger von Ideen." ~ Kraftwerk
Great mix, the balance is brilliant. My only criticism is the hi-hat. Its just a little too harsh/dynamic on the high end, but thats easily fixable with some slight comp and EQ on the OH's. That could just be my own personal prefrence however. You've nailed that snare sound that I struggled with so much. The bass sounds punchy and in your face which is great. Interesting idea adding a big slap of reverb on the snare before the chorus, it certainly adds some interest. Some good work!
(19-03-2020, 07:35 PM)DireFlows Wrote: Great mix, the balance is brilliant. My only criticism is the hi-hat. Its just a little too harsh/dynamic on the high end, but thats easily fixable with some slight comp and EQ on the OH's. That could just be my own personal prefrence however. You've nailed that snare sound that I struggled with so much. The bass sounds punchy and in your face which is great. Interesting idea adding a big slap of reverb on the snare before the chorus, it certainly adds some interest. Some good work!
Hey DireFlows, thanks for your input.
I'm not sure which frequency range you are speaking of, I addressed the 2kHz area. What do you think of this new version? (It's barely audible for me).

.mp3    The Brew - What I Want 04-Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

Nice one, that seems to have done the trick! The Hats are slightly more tamed and not quite as harsh! Again, great mix, keep it up!
(20-03-2020, 06:33 PM)DireFlows Wrote: Nice one, that seems to have done the trick! The Hats are slightly more tamed and not quite as harsh! Again, great mix, keep it up!
Thanks, I appreciate your advice