Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Girl My MIX
Hello guys! This was a tricky song to mix because of the lack of real drums. Anyway here is my attempt (without automation). I hope you like it. Cheers!!

.mp3    Crazy Girl.mp3 --  (Download: 10.66 MB)

Powerful. I feel the environment you created is stepping on the bounce of the melodic figure which is primary for this song. It may just be over-compressed. Let me restate that. I feel it is over compressed. I really wanted to hear the dynamics change between verses and chorus and that is kind of absent in your presentation. The sounds are good but I'm missing something in the life and dynamics of the song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(19-03-2020, 09:37 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Powerful. I feel the environment you created is stepping on the bounce of the melodic figure which is primary for this song. It may just be over-compressed. Let me restate that. I feel it is over compressed. I really wanted to hear the dynamics change between verses and chorus and that is kind of absent in your presentation. The sounds are good but I'm missing something in the life and dynamics of the song.

Hey! Thanks for listening to my attempt and for your time to reply! Maybe you feel the it overcompressed due to the lack of automation. It really is a flat mix without fader automation at least, but I was really lazy to do this Tongue. I feel happy that you liked except for that! Cheers!!
(19-03-2020, 09:47 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote:
(19-03-2020, 09:37 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Powerful. I feel the environment you created is stepping on the bounce of the melodic figure which is primary for this song. It may just be over-compressed. Let me restate that. I feel it is over compressed. I really wanted to hear the dynamics change between verses and chorus and that is kind of absent in your presentation. The sounds are good but I'm missing something in the life and dynamics of the song.

Hey! Thanks for listening to my attempt and for your time to reply! Maybe you feel the it overcompressed due to the lack of automation. It really is a flat mix without fader automation at least, but I was really lazy to do this Tongue. I feel happy that you liked except for that! Cheers!!

That could be it.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Andreas
You definitely hear groove while you mixing. Smile Are you using comprresors to make that to happen?
This is one good mix that makes people nod their heads while listening to a song. Good one!Wink
I like reverb on snare. What are you using? Thanks.
(25-04-2020, 02:52 PM)Nikola Mikovic Wrote: Hi Andreas
You definitely hear groove while you mixing. Smile Are you using comprresors to make that to happen?
This is one good mix that makes people nod their heads while listening to a song. Good one!Wink
I like reverb on snare. What are you using? Thanks.

Hello Nikola! First of all thanks for listening and for your kind words!

Now about the groove you mentioned I think it's a combination of things. I really do not compress a lot the individual tracks the most work is done by the buss compressor (max 3db gain reduction). Of course lead and background vocals have a lot of compression in order to stand front and the bass and acoustic guitar too. The rest instruments don't have any compression as I remember (I have deleted the session). But I use very much saturation (both tape and console). I love saturation!!

I have used some dry and room samples for kick and snare. The dry samples and original tracks have no reverb. I sent the overheads, rooms and room samples into two different reverbs. One plate and one hall both with 2 seconds decay and no predelay. Also I think in this mix I have sent the dry signals of kick and snare to a buss with some parallel eq and compression.

I hope I helped you. Cheers! Smile
Thanks for demystifying the mix, Andreas. Smile