Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perhaps: "You Don't Know"
Here it go...

Track "a" 3/8/2020 11:30 am - a bass adjustment and some other tweaks.

Track "b" 3/9/2020 9:30pm cleaned out the low end from some non-bass tracks a bit and some other tweaks.

.mp3    Barnstar_YouDontKnow.mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)

.mp3    Barnstar_YouDontKnow_a.mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)

.mp3    Barnstar_YouDontKnow_b.mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)

Nice feel and vibe. I like the space and cohesion overall, good balance throughout. Bass sounds a little saturated and swelly at times. Possibly a result of the multi mic-ed acoustic capture. A pleasant listen regardless.
(08-03-2020, 01:44 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice feel and vibe. I like the space and cohesion overall, good balance throughout. Bass sounds a little saturated and swelly at times. Possibly a result of the multi mic-ed acoustic capture. A pleasant listen regardless.

Thanks for giving this a listen. I think you're right on the swelly bass thing. I actually sort of allowed the bass mic'd channel to contribute that...but may rethink that. Don't know whether that happens in an actual live performance or not and, if so, then it might be weird to clean it up. Huh
NT
I haven't had a chance to play with this yet so I'm not too sure of the dynamics at play. What usually happens is the bass notes are picked up by multiple mics, and depending on the frequency and mic locations that capture these sounds, the combination can add or subtract these lower frequencies when summed. High pass filtering and phasing adjustments across the affected mics can help. I have noticed with your mix that there is some bass audible in the side channels. You could try and high pass filtering these out on the master bus. It may help with tightening things up in this regard.
Hi Newton! Good vibes on the mix. As mentioned before i agree that there are some bass-issues in this one, and those are to me apparent during the louder parts of the bassist picking. During places where he plays softer the issue is gone in my monitoring. The front to back depth is good, feels big. The mids are a bit shy in my opinion, say around 1k. Other then that good sounding mix.