Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Souls Moon Flymix
Any inputs??

Hope you like..

From Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    AllSoulsMoon.mp3 --  (Download: 6.67 MB)

.mp3    All souls moon final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.68 MB)

Hi Sergio,

you've created a pretty light mix. I like that. And I like your "choir"-work. Nice touch!

I think the snare does not fit, though, and if I have to put a finger onto something, I'd say it is the reverb (or it's level) combined with the overall level of the snare. It seems to be just a touch too loud.

Cheers
Artbass
(26-11-2013, 12:05 AM)Artbass Wrote: Hi Sergio,

you've created a pretty light mix. I like that. And I like your "choir"-work. Nice touch!

I think the snare does not fit, though, and if I have to put a finger onto something, I'd say it is the reverb (or it's level) combined with the overall level of the snare. It seems to be just a touch too loud.

Cheers
Artbass

Thanks Artbass! I think you're right, it seemed to me that the rev was a bit of adjustment, I will change the level, the will put a little less and I'll upload a touch the snare, I think there remain good.

from Argentina
Sergio
hope you like now Artbass!!!

thanks!!

Sergio

.mp3    AllSoulsMoon 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.67 MB)

Agree with artbas. I listened last version and the snare can easily come down more, maybe try one room for rimshot(fits very well) and another for snare.
There are some distortion and tremolo on rhodes, if you made that maybe little les distortion and easier on the tremolo depth. Very nice vocals.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Don't do anything just to please me Wink

It is an improvement, but I wonder if it disturbs me because the toms are lacking a huge part of the ambience the snare gets. Now, given that there are no seperate tom tracks I'd say you have to seek the middleground between a big snare room and a resonable room for the overall drum sound.

I have to agree with Voelund concerning the distortion.
(26-11-2013, 12:40 AM)flyrecords Wrote: hope you like now Artbass!!!

thanks!!

Sergio

Hi!

Overall balance is good! I dont liked resonances at acc guitar ( low mid)!

For me, your decision/s about OH level in mix is not good! It is too loud.

But I like groove of drumms with this level of OH! Undecided

Funny but true! Big Grin