Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Roads: 'Rat Race' AnaBi Mix You like it!!
Hello, this is my mix. I like it. Still going to do some work with it. ugh. tired. tomorrow maybe.

Yo. Added version2!!! You like it more!!! ---RatRace2ndMix03282020---

.mp3    RatRaceMix11ish.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

.mp3    RatRace2ndMix03282020.mp3 --  (Download: 10.46 MB)

Hi

After some consideration, I've reached the conclusion that I like your balance here, although it's ...well, different from what I've done. You've given it.

Your piano, mellontron and synth are ...well, "missing", would be the correct term. I know that it's quite busy in that area, but I reckon that considering the fact the band has actually made an effort recording these instruments, it would be .... the nice thing to do, if you had it in your mix Wink

It sounds like you've done a lot of master processing. It gives the entire mix a rather bright tone, of which I am not a fan.

Well, I think it was a rather challenging one, this one, but you've done good overall
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
(20-03-2020, 12:00 PM)Krabbe Wrote: Hi

After some consideration, I've reached the conclusion that I like your balance here, although it's ...well, different from what I've done. You've given it.

Your piano, mellontron and synth are ...well, "missing", would be the correct term. I know that it's quite busy in that area, but I reckon that considering the fact the band has actually made an effort recording these instruments, it would be .... the nice thing to do, if you had it in your mix Wink

It sounds like you've done a lot of master processing. It gives the entire mix a rather bright tone, of which I am not a fan.

Well, I think it was a rather challenging one, this one, but you've done good overall

I hear you on the piano and the synth. So many sounds vying for the same sonic real estate. I feel like this mix calls for the client's input to help guide priorities. I know on the piano I tried to soften it and set it back in the mix but it ended up being "too back". I felt that it was detracting from the overall quarter note nod of the rhythm and I thought the mids on the piano sound used were a bit hard and in competition with mids of the vocals as they're gentler. I feel like the mellotron is okay but I'll admit that it's been given a back seat due to round about the same reasoning as the piano. And yes my "mastering", I do have a bad habit of that, I'm always obsessed with trying to take things further but often I'll end up working against myself. Thank you for your listen, critique and overall assessment. This was a really challenging mix and I'm looking forward to giving it another shot soon.