Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MUST BE VOODOO !
M.O.T.D. JUST A BIT OF WORK ADDING SOME? unusual SIDECHAINING R.E. 68 v 67, versions below,
OVERDONE (wot me ? ) ON VOCALS ---Hmm , and much else. @,.%£$ ( damn caps lok , will probably,(surely ) remedy the sidechain overkill soon enuff , and I really think that must be about the last move into the THIRD dimension(o.k. second technically ) but I like to think it (M.O.T.D.adds 'height' ( a bit 'o' top 'n' bottom ) so I'll claim the third ,even if it ain't so . (OOH I DO LIKE A COMMA) after all 2 dimensions width and a ' faux depth ' is better than one dimension ----poor old' width ---'alone'
102 set forgotten side chain on vocal and finally got the de-esser somewhere near correctly tuned,i will sort out the echo when I get a chance
105 redesigned detector of the de-esser, does sound better though I was a bit too gentle with it on the mix vocal
I keep missing the updated vst's getting reset ,annoying!

.mp3    MUST BE VOODOO 18A.mp3 --  (Download: 12.17 MB)

.mp3    MUST BE VOODOO 4.mp3 --  (Download: 12.17 MB)

.mp3    MUST BE VOODOO 11.mp3 --  (Download: 12.17 MB)

.mp3    MUST BE VOODOO 17.mp3 --  (Download: 12.17 MB)

.mp3    MUST BE VOODOO 18.mp3 --  (Download: 12.17 MB)

Hi!

I think I sort of understand what you wrote there... Big Grin.

I only checked out the 'VOODOO 100' mix (so far....)

Really nice mix. Great vibe, and I like the ebb and flow, and build up to the 4:50 mark.

The vocal effect that kicks in at 3:05 and drops out at 3:25 doesn't work for me though. It was more the point that it dropped out that felt odd. The effect is great, but I feel it would work better as a 'throw' on the odd word or two at that point? Kind of took me out of the moment for a bit, so to speak. I thought it was a really great mix otherwise though. Enjoyed the listen a lot.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thanks for taking the time to listen and give a very kind critique, I take your point about the vocal effects, I'll give it a go at just using it on the odd word, If I can get it right it will be an improvement ,thanks again,
Best wishes
Mark
p.s. excuse the dogs dinner waffle above.

p.p.sss
I did try changing the vocal effect automation and after loads of work found all I had done was lose all the level automation unnoticed for long enough that undo couldn't save me, I had to revert to an earlier version but lost the drive to mess with the automation on it again .
Mark